Intelligent Advisory System for Farmers (IASF), a project of CDAC Mumbai in collaboration with Department of Agriculture Meghalaya, Manipur and Central Agricultural University, Imphal wins in 4th eNorth East Challenge Award 2013 under the category "Livelihood and Enterprise" at the Award Summit held on 13th December 2013 at Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh.
The e-North East Award platform is created to scout, review, select, felicitate, award and nurture best practices in information communication technology for development and governance in North East India. The Award concept seeks to bring into focus practices in as many as 12 categories that have impacted development and governance processes for good. The Award platform has so far a repository of more than 200 best practices from the region.
The eNorth East Award Summit since 2010 (the first award summit launched in 2010) has established itself as a unique platform and a movement to contribute to the emerging ICT environment in the region.The e-North East Award seeks to create an ecosystem of digital innovations and best practices in North East India by recognizing and celebrating practices that has contributed to desirable development and governance outcomes. The Award is given out in 12 key categories each year. For details you can visit http://enortheast.in. The Award platform has been launched in 2010.
About e-North East Award Summit
The e-North East Award summit is an annual multi-stakeholder dialogue and consultative platform in the field of Information Communication Technology, Internet for Development and Governance in North East India. The thrust is on exchange of ideas, knowledge, and best practices, demonstrate examples and share experiences from mainstream India and from the region for better learning and replication in the region. It is being designed as a policy forum towards policy and programme declarations for further follow and action steps. It is a platform for Government-Industry-Civil Society and Academia stakeholders to enter into dialogue in deliberating on governance and development challenges in the region and exploring sustainable solutions through ICTs and information mediums.
About North East Digital Festival
The focus of the annual digital festival is on best ICT and digital practices for development including innovations and solutions that has been implemented in the region or has potentials to implement with desired results. The festival is an exhibition of such solutions that can facilitate overcome existing challenges in service delivery, e-infrastructure, content and services and networking with security. Exhibitors from the public, private, civil society and academic sector demonstrate their innovative deployment of solutions and practices.
Objectives of the 4the-North East Award Summit 2013
The key objectives of e-North East Award Summit includes:
- Recognising best practices in ICT for development & governance in North East India;
- Dialogue & networking on the scope, opportunities and challenges in ICT, Internet technology, Information broadcasting in Development and governance in the region;
- Showcasing ICT / IT solutions, best practices and examples from the government, industry, civil society and academia – from national, regional and state levels;
- Exploring areas of convergence, partnerships and agreements among stakeholders.
The One Day 4th-eNorth East Award Summit 2013is designed as follows:
- 4the-North East Award Summit 2013 Congress (Inaugural Session)
- Working Session I (2 Parallel Track sessions)
- Working Session II (2 Parallel Track Sessions)
- Working Session III ( 2 Parallel Track Sessions)
- 4the-North East Award 2013 Gala Evening
- One full day North East Digital Festival (Exhibition & Showcasing of ICT solutions)
- Connectivity & Access towards digital inclusion Governance & Public Service Delivery & ICTs Education, Human Resource Development& ICTs
- Business &Enterprise Development & Livelihood Generation& ICTs
- Digital Media, Community Broadcasting & Community Empowerment
- NGOs & ICTs
- Health Service Delivery & ICTs
- Financial Inclusion & ICTs
- Recognizing 33 finalists with best ICT practices in the region for 2013
- Itanagar Declaration : an action based agenda to address challenges and explore scope towards sustainable ICT policy and programmes in NE
- Consolidation of factors limiting ICTs and technology initiatives in NE
- Consolidation of best possible solutions in ICT and technology for NE
- Consolidate role and scope of stakeholders in ICTand technology in NE
- Consolidate the need and role of community participation and involvement in ICT and technology for development initiatives
- Consolidate scope in policy areas and suggest workable framework
- Developing a partnership framework among stakeholders.
The 4the-North East Award Summit 2013 saw attendance of stakeholders and representatives from Ministry of DONER (India), Ministry of IT, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, State Departments, academia, corporate stakeholder, civil society and others. The Government of Arunachal Pradeshwill have its wholesome presence and participation through its key functionaries and key departments.
The 4the-North East Award Summit 2013 is organized by North East Development Foundation and Department of IT, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh, & North East Information Communication Technology Association (NEICTA).
Co-organising Partners: Internet Society, Internet & Mobile Association of India, PIR, NIXI, Digital Empowerment Foundation, READ India, IGNOU, Sikkim Manipal University,
The Event was inaugurated by the Hon'ble Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh on 13th Dec 2013 at the Banquet Hall, Niti Vihar, Itanagar in the presence of Ministers, Chief Secretary of Arunachal Pradesh, top dignitaries and officials from DIT, Arunachal Pradesh. There were 2 parallel sessions during the day. The Award Ceremony was held on the same day in the evening where the winners in various categories were felicitated. This was followed by a gala dinner hosted by the CM including entertainment by different cultural troupe, singers and artists.
The event was hosted by the Department of IT, Arunachal Pradesh in collaboration with NEDF, Guwahati.
(Written by C.S.Shabong, Agriculture Development Officer(Info & IT) and State Co-ordinator, IASF Meghalaya)